Creative and Fun.
That is what we called, the EATABLE spirit. So what’s the fun in it if we don’t do a little twist on the classic? Bringing to you today, we decided to reveal our little witty twist on the classic chocolate dipped strawberries with our Pop the Champagne popcorn. It is wildly fruity, and a great family bonding activity to schedule into one of those slow-moving Sunday afternoons.
I mean, who doesn’t love crushing perfectly crunchy popcorn and watching those magnificently smooth chocolate melt away?
Champagne Popcorn Chocolate Strawberry Recipe
- 10-12 Strawberries
- 1 cup EATABLE Pop the Champagne Popcorn
- 2 cups white dipping chocolate (you can use normal chocolate if you don't have dipping)
1) Take about 10-12 strawberries, wash and dip them in ice water for 10-15 minutes (this will help make them fresh & crisp)
2) Next, drain the water and let the strawberries dry
3) We took 1 cup of the Eatable Pop the Champagne popcorn and ground them to a semi-grain powder in a food processor and set aside in a wide bowl
4) Take 2 cups of white dipping chocolate and melt them (microwave or stovetop) and set aside.
5) Once the strawberries are completely dry, take your wooden skewers and thread the strawberries on one end of each skewer.
6) Once all the strawberries are threaded on the wooden skewers, they are ready to be dipped into the white chocolate and then coated with the ground popcorn.
7)Take each strawberry skewer and dip it in the melted chocolate until the strawberry is completely covered and then dip it in the ground popcorn. Place the skewer on parchment paper and repeat with remaining skewers. (Try coating the strawberry with popcorn before the chocolate fully hardens onto the strawberry)
8) Lastly, let the strawberries set until ready to eat.
They can be used as toppings for cakes, cupcakes, or just eaten by themselves (we get it, it's totally delicious!) Did you try this recipe? Let us know your thoughts on Instagram with #EATABLELIFE and tag @eatableinc.
BEFORE YOU START:
- It’s important that the strawberries are completely dry otherwise the chocolate won’t stick.
- We prefer dipping chocolate for this recipe. If you're using chocolate chips, please add shortening or coconut oil to the chips as this will help the chocolate set again.
- We did not hull the strawberries (take off the tops) but you can do so as per your preference.
- You can also pop the strawberries in the fridge to help the chocolate set quickly.
- Chocolate can be melted in the microwave with 30 second intervals, stirring at each 30 second mark, until melted and smooth. For stovetop, this can be done by dipping a bowl in a pot full of water at normal heat/flame (bain-marie/double boiler).
More #MakeItEATABLE Recipes:
- Perfect for Springtime: Popcorn Brulé Peach & Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 Irish Cream Inspired Dessert Coffee Recipes
- 2 Charcuterie board ideas with EATABLE
- 5 Recipes that are Instantly Elevated with Popcorn
- Summer Picnic: What to Plan for an Outdoor Picnic?