And just like that... EATABLE turns THREE! 🎉
In parent life, we affectionately refer to the Toddler years as the "Terrible Twos" - full of tantrums, power struggles and poop 💩 (literally) as a child discovers and harnesses a newfound sense of independence.
In business life, these last two challenging years were known as the COVID-19 pandemic - the ultimate catastrophic curveball that caused all human beings to pivot, adapt, and emerge into stronger and more evolved versions of ourselves.
As the world begins to reopen and we re-emerge into yet another version of "normal", our hearts are full of gratitude and optimism for what the future holds. We invite you to POP some bottles (or kernels), and come along for the ride as we wish EATABLE "Poppy Birthday"!
We're celebrating where we've come from, and all of the feats that YOU - our community of customers and cheerleaders, have helped our small (yet mighty) business accomplish over the last year.
New Flavours 🍿+🍷
We released three exciting new flavors to EATABLE's lineup:
- Poppy Caesar - a sweet, savory and spicy ode to Canada's favourite cocktail, which dropped on National Caesar Day
- Poppin' Rosé All Day - a crisp, light and refreshing summer patio treat, and
- Pop Goes Sangria - a bold and fruity Merlot-infused flavour kicked up with blood orange and spices
We released special Collaboration editions of EATABLE popcorn with Piper Hiedsieck Champagne, Lindt, Kinsip, Tullamore D.E.W., along with a Canadian national rollout with Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, featuring our "Poppin' Pink Pinot Grigio" popcorn.
Our Pop the Champagne popcorn was featured in the Universal Music VIP gifting box for attendees of the Juno's 50th Anniversary celebrating Canadian musicians, award winners, and attendees.
EATABLE's Popcorn mini bags were featured at TIFF 2021 within the Elevation Pictures press room for the movie "Night Raiders".
Retail Expansion 🛍
Despite a challenging year for retail, EATABLE continued to expand our retail footprint to over 200+ brick and mortar retailers across Canada and USA.
We expanded our presence across National retailers such as Hudson's Bay (via the HBC marketplace, and coming to 80+ stores in Summer 2022), as well as 36 stores throughout Von Maur group of upscale department stores across the US.
Community Impact 🌍
Removing 5000 Pounds of Plastic from our Environment ♻️
EATABLE is proud to be a Certified Plastic Neutral organization on our journey towards sustainability, through our partnership with rePurpose Global. In 2021, your support has helped us remove 5000 pounds of plastic waste from the environment from our impact project in Nairobi, Kenya.
That's the equivalent of over 71,500 plastic pouches or almost 7,800 plastic bottles removed from nature!
Reducing Hunger with Second Harvest 🍽
Proceeds from all online sales are contributed to our ongoing support of Second Harvest Canada's Food Rescue Revolution, in their mission to provide meals to those in need, reduce food waste and environmental impact.
They capture unsold, healthy food and redirect it to people, not landfills, minimizing the environmental impact of unnecessary waste and maximizing food’s healthy potential.
In 2021, your support enabled us to contribute more than 7500 meals to those in need.
Press & Recognition 📣
Time for some #HumbleBrag - We're so grateful to have been featured this year by some of our industry's notable publications and media outlets:
- Our Co-founder, Charlene Li was nominated as a 2021 Woman of Influence - One to Watch.
- Narcity included EATABLE on their list of 9 Candies & Treats that will make Halloween Sweeter
- Appeared in print in Culinaire's Holiday 2021 Gift Guide
- DailyHive Vancouver included us on their list of 10+ Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- HOLR Magazine listed our popcorn as the perfect Valentine's gift basket addition
- LUXE Magazine listed EATABLE in their Canadian Gourmet Treats gift guide
- Featured on TV 📺: CHCH Morning, CTV Morning Live Atlantic, CTV Your Morning Toronto, GoodDay Stateline, CW Miami, and CW Dallas
- Celeb social shoutouts from: Humberly Gonzalez (actress from Netflix's "Ginny & Georgia"), Siera Bearchell (Miss Universe Canada 2016), and Brad Everett Young after receiving EATABLE in a special box from Mark Wahlberg celebrating the launch of his movie "Infinite" 🙌
BONUS for our email subscribers 🎁- keep your eyes peeled for a special EATABLE birthday promo!
From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for your ongoing support and we have lots more exciting developments in store for you in the coming year and beyond!