There's nothing better than receiving chocolate dipped strawberries from your loved ones or friends on Valentine's Day.
We've got our little twist on the classic chocolate dipped strawberries with white chocolate and our Pop the Champagne popcorn. It is wildly fruity, and a great family bonding activity to schedule into one of those lazy Sunday afternoons. They're great for February 14th, Sunday Brunch, and Mother's Day (or no occasion at all!).
Who doesn’t love crushing perfectly crunchy popcorn and watching the magnificently smooth chocolate melt away?
Champagne Popcorn Chocolate Strawberry Recipe
- 10-12 Strawberries
- 1 cup EATABLE Pop the Champagne Popcorn
- 2 cups white dipping chocolate (you can use normal chocolate if you don't have dipping) - feel free to change up the flavour of chocolate you are using
BEFORE YOU START:
- It’s important that the strawberries are completely dry otherwise the chocolate won’t stick.
- We prefer dipping chocolate for this recipe. If you're using chocolate chips, please add shortening or coconut oil to the chips as this will help the chocolate set again.
- We did not hull the strawberries (take off the tops) but you can do so as per your preference.
- You can also pop the strawberries in the fridge to help the chocolate set quickly.
- Chocolate can be melted in the microwave with 30 second intervals, stirring at each 30 second mark, until melted and smooth. For stovetop, this can be done by dipping a bowl in a pot full of water at normal heat/flame (bain-marie/double boiler).
1) Take about 10-12 strawberries, wash and dip them in ice water for 10-15 minutes (this will help make them fresh & crisp)
2) Next, drain the water and let the strawberries dry (you can pat them down with a paper towel)
3) Use 1 cup of Eatable Pop the Champagne popcorn and ground it to a semi-grain powder in a food processor and set aside in a wide bowl. Alternatively, you can use a mortar and pestle, or put the popcorn into a plastic bag and crush it up with your hands or a rolling pin.
4) Take 2 cups of white dipping chocolate and melt it (microwave or stovetop) and set aside.
5) Once the strawberries are completely dry, take your wooden skewers and thread the strawberries on one end of each skewer (one strawberry per skewer).
6) Once all the strawberries are threaded on the wooden skewers, they are ready to be dipped into the white chocolate and then coated with the ground popcorn.
7) Take each strawberry skewer and dip it in the melted chocolate until the strawberry is completely covered and then dip it in the ground Pop the Champagne popcorn. Place the skewer on parchment paper and repeat with remaining skewers. Try coating the strawberry with popcorn before the chocolate fully hardens onto the strawberry!
8) Lastly, let the chocolate on the strawberries set until ready to eat.
They can also be used as toppings for cakes, cupcakes, or just eaten by themselves (we get it, it's totally delicious!) We hope that you enjoyed making this for your sweethearts or for yourself.
More #MakeItEATABLE Recipes:
- 2 Irish Cream Inspired Dessert Coffee Recipes
- 2 Charcuterie board ideas with EATABLE
- 5 Recipes that are Instantly Elevated with Popcorn
- Summer Picnic: What to Plan for an Outdoor Picnic?